You are not an anxious person trying to learn how to be calm. You are a calm person who has spent too much time practicing being anxious. Being calm is your birthright. (Not 24/7, of course, stress does have its uses.) Therefore, you do not have to spend all day every day practicing advanced yoga or meditation techniques. You need only take a few deep mindful breaths, spend a few minutes watching your thoughts to make sure they are not bringing you down, or take a few minutes to stretch. These simple techniques will help ease depression, chronic pain, and everyday irritation, and will help you enjoy a sense of well-being right now.
Perhaps some day you may become a great swami or Buddha. But try to enjoy life along the way.
We wish you twenty minutes of mindfulness every day!
Discover The Everday Mindfulness Toolbox. If you are looking for practical tools that you can integrate into your everyday life – at home, work, or elsewhere – then look no more! You need the Everyday Mindfulness Toolbox.
Your subscription supports the maintenance and content on mindfulhub.com. If you already subscribe, THANK YOU!
- Convenient one-time donation. No need to renew.
- Unlimited access to the Everyday Mindfulness Toolbox – viewable on any device
- Instructional videos that guide you through short, practical mindful practices.
- Access to our guides to practical mindful tools – ways to recenter and ensure you find your balance daily
- Cancel at your convenience.
Good Karma: One-time donation
We love spontaneous support. Your donation stokes the journalistic and creative fires!
Make A Donation